September 28, 2023
How Do I Prove That I Am Indeed the Successor Trustee?
Weekly Wednesday Wisdom Webinars August 9, 2023
Certified Elder Law Attorney and Certified Financial Advisor Chris Berry of Castle Wealth Group answers questions on retirement and estate planning every Wednesday at 1pm www.wisdomwebinar.com to register or give our office a call at 844-885-4200.
Castle Wealth Group and Christopher Berry help families with estate planning, elder law, retirement planning, and tax planning from Brighton, Ann Arbor, Livonia, Bloomfield Hills, and Novi offices.
In this week’s webinar, Attorney and Advisor Chris Berry of www.castlewealthlegal.com answers the below questions.
- 1:42 Why do you recommend not giving a copy of the Revocable Living Trust to a bank?
What are the ramifications if a copy is provided to a financial institution?
- 2:52 A 401k through GM Benefits & Services Center is asking for original notarized trust documents. Is this necessary? What can be given in place of that?
- 4:14 As Successor Trustee, I have the decedent title to his vehicle with a letter of loan payoff. I wish to sell his vehicle to our pastor. Can I do this directly? The vehicle is not listed under the Trust.
- 5:15 As we get older and our mental faculties decline, what options are available for turning over day-to-day financial management and bill paying if there are no close relatives you want to do this? Are there businesses that specialize in this that can act as Financial Power of Attorney? What are the typical fees?
- 8:45 Do we need to do anything to move investments to Schwab or do you have all that covered?
- 11:23 How do I prove that I am indeed the Successor Trustee? (follow up question about the Certificate of Trust)
Visit our website to learn more