April 28, 2022
What if You Need to Protect Assets at the Last Minute? When the Spouse Needs Nursing Home Care, How Do You Move Money Around?
Estate Attorney and Advisor Chris Berry of Castle Wealth Group answers questions on retirement and estate planning every Wednesday at 1pm www.wisdomwebinar.com to register or give our office a call at 844-885-4200. Castle Wealth Group and Christopher Berry help families with estate planning, elder law, retirement planning, and tax planning from their offices in Brighton, Ann Arbor, Livonia, Bloomfield Hills, and Novi. In this week’s webinar, Attorney and Advisor Chris Berry of www.castlewealthlegal.com answers the below questions.
- 0:00 Introduction / Positive Focus
- 3:25 Is it possible for an executor to forgo probate for a small uncomplicated estate? Estate is an IRA of about 27k and a checking account of 5k. A will exists distributing assets equally to the kids.
- 11:53 Is a Castle Trust the same as an Irrevocable Trust? Can the creator of the trust also be the trustee?
- 15:44 When does the 10-year IRA period start for inherited IRAs?
- 18:19 What if you need to protect assets at the last minute? When the spouse needs nursing home care, how do you move money around?
- 22:04 How do you plan ahead to protect IRA assets against long-term care?
- 28:39 Besides money in the trust, what assets do not get counted for Medicaid?
- 31:49 If you pay the tax and put it in a Roth IRA does that count?
- 32:30 How much does it cost to do last-minute protection of 50% of the assets?
- 33:47 Clarification on Roth IRA
- 35:43 If a deed for a 2nd home is in both husband and wife’s name, is that protected from a nursing home and Medicaid spend-down?
About Castle Wealth Group
Contact Castle Wealth Group for all your estate planning needs. We build a perfect strategy for your retirement, including income planning, investment planning, tax planning, health care planning, and legacy planning. Visit our website or call us at 844.885.4200 or email us for your financial advice.
Join our Weekly Wisdom Webinars
Estate Attorney and Advisor Chris Berry of Castle Wealth Group answers questions on retirement and estate planning every Wednesday at 1pm www.wisdomwebinar.com to register or give our office a call at 844-885-4200.