December 16, 2021
Top 7 Qualities of a Great Estate Planning Attorney
Estate planning prepared on time is an excellent arrangement for your asset safety. However, there is much more that goes into estate planning than just a last testament. When looking for an estate planning attorney, you should not select just any attorney. There are many forms of specialties in becoming a lawyer. You should be diligent and consider all your options to form a robust estate plan without any loopholes.
Here are some qualities you must look for in your estate planning attorney-
- Knowledgeable: Terminologies related to estate planning can be baffling. A great estate planning attorney would know all the methods used in the legal procedures.
- Provides All Estate Planning Tools: Planning an estate requires various tools. Your attorney should offer you all the tools that help you reduce taxes, increase profits, and keep your assets protected until they are ready to be inherited.
- Incurs Fixed Prices: A good estate planning attorney should be transparent with their fees. You must know about all the prices they will incur from you. Make sure you get these prices written to avoid any surprises later on.
- Punctual: A genuine estate planning attorney should be punctual, and they should respect your time as well as their own. A draft of the estate plan should be ready within a couple of weeks, with another couple of weeks to make any changes.
- Good Communicator: Your estate planning attorney will require multiple details from you regarding your family and business. They should ask appropriate questions to help their documentation process.
- Trustworthy: Strategizing will need various information, including personal, official, and health-related. You will have to tell the attorney about your family conflicts, reasons for un-titling someone, and much more. Although they are bound to keep private details to themselves, you should still know if they are trustworthy or not.
- Is Committed to You: An estate plan is not a one-time thing. You will need to update it with every change in your life. Make sure your attorney does not leave you after their work is done.
About Castle Wealth Group
Contact Castle Wealth Group for all your estate planning needs. We build a perfect strategy for your retirement, including income planning, investment planning, tax planning, health care planning, and legacy planning. Visit our website or call us at 844.885.4200 or email us for your financial advice.