March 13, 2020
What You Need to Know About Medicare for Healthcare Planning for Retirement
How Much Do You Know About Medicare?
When planning for retirement, there are five key areas to focus on… income planning, investment planning, tax planning, legacy planning and healthcare planning. For many retirees, Medicare has a huge role in healthcare planning, and Medicare is what we will be talking about on today’s show.
In this episode, I’ll talk about the basics of Medicare, as well as supplements and why they’re important. We will also touch on coverage for prescription drugs and some of the important dates with Medicare.
In this episode, you’ll learn…
- Chris’ positive focus for the week
- What Medicare parts A, B, C and D are
- What is typically covered by the different parts of Medicare
- Examples of what you may expect to pay out of pocket while covered by Medicare
- About how Supplement plans can be useful
- The enrollment periods and important dates for Medicare
- The importance of picking the correct Medicare plans for your situation to minimize the costs
- How investments and income can affect your Medicare premiums
In each episode, I take questions from listeners. If you have any questions that you want answered, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the questions I covered in this episode:
- Les asked: “My wife and I had wills prepared by an out of town law firm. Can these be included in a trust create by another law firm?”
- Cheyenne asked: “I want to disinherit my children on my will, how can I do this?”
Links & Resources
Follow us on Social Media