November 12, 2019
Utilizing Senior Centers in the Aging Process with Julie Eddings
Do you know all the benefits a senior center can provide?
Senior centers, like the one in Hamburg, MI, are the very best thing that we can offer to combat loneliness. There’s a lot of talk right now about how loneliness is now public health enemy number one. At senior centers, you can come and meet like-minded people, people who are in the same situations as you are.
It gives you something to get you out of the house, and provides a place that’s fun and engaging to go.
In this episode of The Chris Berry Show, I’ll talk about the amazing benefits of the Senior Center in Hamburg, Michigan with their director Julie Eddings.
In this episode, you’ll learn…
- Chris’ positive focus for the week.
- The first step to organizing your financial life.
- What senior centers provide to their members.
- What kind of activities are held at senior centers.
- How senior centers benefit the overall community.
- Why social activities are so important as you age.
- How municipal transportation can collaborate with the senior center to help seniors.
- How senior centers can collaborate to provide group outings.
- Ways to help if you want to get involved.
- Different educational programs provided by senior centers.
In each episode, I take questions from listeners. If you have any questions that you want answered, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the questions I covered in this episode:
- “What’s the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?”
- “My mother needs a permanent nursing home. What assets can the nursing home take?”
- “What is the advantage of a living trust versus a will?”
Links & Resources
Julie’s phone number: (810) 222-1140
Follow us on Social Media