October 22, 2019
Protect Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home and Elder Abuse w/ Donna McKenzie
Do you know what to look for in a nursing home?
A lot of people will ask, “How do I choose a nursing home and things like that?” We always say, “Choose one that is close to home, close to family, that as many people can visit as possible.” After doing those things, if you’re not getting answers from the nursing home about what’s going on, and you’re not satisfied, and you still have concerns, that’s when you want to take additional steps like contacting an ombudsman or contacting the state of Michigan or even contacting a lawyer…
In this episode of The Chris Berry Show, we’ll talk about how to find the best long-term care facility for your loved ones with Donna McKenzie from Nursing Home Lawyers.
In this episode, you’ll learn…
- Chris’ positive focus for the week.
- How a long-term ombudsman can help with long term care.
- When it’s time to reach out to an attorney about your loved ones in long term care.
- How to reach the state if you are in need of assistance.
- How to go about getting answers from long term care facilities.
- The most common injuries that occur at nursing homes.
- When to pursue a lawsuit against a nursing home.
- How negligence can lead to increased morbidity.
- The different types of nursing home facilities to choose from.
- About the nursing home rating system used to gauge different facilities.
Links & Resources
Donna’s phone number: (248) 591-2300
Follow us on Social Media