October 10, 2019
Health & Fitness in the Second-Half of Life with Cody Tustin of Unorthodox Fitness
Are you exercising the right way as you age?
You may work out or go to the gym, but are you exercising in a way that will benefit you as you age? There are unorthodox ways of staying active, that can help you do the little things later in life that make a big difference in your quality of life.
In this episode of The Chris Berry Show, I’ll talk about some of these functional exercises with Cody Tustin from Unorthodox Fitness.
In this episode, you’ll learn…
- Chris’ positive focus for the week.
- What upper crossed syndrome is, and what exercises can help counteract it.
- Why strength training becomes more important as you age.
- Ways to protect yourself from throwing your back out.
- The benefits of using a battle rope.
- How to get off the couch and get started with unorthodox exercises.
- Examples of how the squat is one of the most functional exercises to practice.
- How to incorporate endurance and flexibility training with strength training.
- The ways strength training can prevent balance issues later in life.
- How to do a proper squat.
- Examples of ankle mobility and strength training.
- Common activities that strength training will help you do as you age.
- How diet needs to be customized for each individual and their goals.
In each episode, I take questions from listeners. If you have any questions that you want answered, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Here are the questions I covered in this episode:
- Jake asked: “Should I build an emergency fund, or pay off my debt?”
- Colleen asked: “My husband passed away before his mother, he was named in the will. Will my children be able to claim his share, because mom is now passing away? And he is dead, will my sons receive his shares as legal sons?”
- Bob asked: “In three years, my wife and I will be 66 and entitled to claim social security. We have IRAs valued at 1 million. How can we reduce income tax on our IRAs during retirement?”
- Howard asked: “How can my friend transfer his house to his daughter, before he has to go into a nursing home? And will Medicaid get it?”
Links & Resources
Follow us on Social Media