July 12, 2016
National Plan to Address Alzheimer’s Disease
We Need Your Voice—Sign the Stop Alzheimer’s Petition
Help ALFA send 1 million signatures to the President and Congress urging them to take action against this terrible disease.
- According to data from the 2010 National Survey of Residential Care Facilities, 42% of assisted living residents live with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States and the only cause of death among the top 10 that cannot be prevented, cured, or even slowed.
- 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease.
(Related: Mickey Rooney Testifies about Elder Abuse)
I am committed to stopping Alzheimer’s disease. I call on the President and Congress to dedicate all resources necessary to fulfill the commitment of the National Plan to Address Alzheimer’s Disease:
- Prevent and effectively treat Alzheimer’s disease by 2025
- Strengthen the quality of care and expand support for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families
- Enhance public awareness and engagement about the devastating consequences of this disease
(Read more: Identifying Elderly Abuse)
I stand with the 5 million of my fellow Americans who are living with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million family caregivers. We are united in the belief that ending this ravaging disease must be a national priority. Stopping Alzheimer’s disease is scientifically possible, economically necessary, and morally imperative.
The President and Congress must act immediately and decisively to accelerate our investment to stop Alzheimer’s disease.